Nuffnang Ads

Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Secret of the Magic Gourd

I stumbled across this poster yesterday:
Wait a minute, isn't this what Jackie Chan always drink from in his old cheap kung fu movie days?

So when I saw the next poster, I assumed this must be about a bad-ass kung fu kicking gourd and his sidekick frog friend.
I thought I had found the greatest animated feature film ever made! I thought I had found gold.
However, a little research revealed that it's actually a live-action/CG movie about a boy who befriends a magic gourd that fulfills all his dreams and gets him into trouble.
!!!!!! Sounds familiar?
Apparently it's a Disney financed film made in China. The official Chinese website is at http://www.disney.com.cn/hulumimi/ The film was released recently in China and made USD2 million (ok for China box office but kacang for Hollywood).
I hear that it's coming to Malaysia something like Aug 30th. The characters look bad-ass cute. But I'm not too sure about the movie. It might just work for kids only.
Anyways, here's the trailer:

No comments:

Nuffnang