Nuffnang Ads

Saturday, November 24, 2007

My New Toy

A real man has to have his new toy once in a while. I bought this little baby at Compuway on Friday .

There was no particular reason why I bought this particular model. It was what the Foochow guy at the shop introduced me to. Our conversation went like this:


Me: I want wireless internet router.
Guy: This one.
Me: How much?
Guy: RM240.
Me: Okay.


There wasn't any selling effort on behalf of the guy, and I also didn't know what to ask. It's a bit worrying to think that I might have been their dream customer. In other words, a sucker.



So when I reached the counter, I asked the Foochow lady for a discount. She gave me RM20 off. Knowing that I was surrounded by Foochows in the shop, I knew that was as good as it was ever going to get. So I said okay, and went home with my new toy.


You'd think since I took this picture, I'd be scrutinising thru every tiny detail specs on the box.

In actual fact, I was only looking out for just one thing. Yeah baby! Easy Install Wizard almighty.

This is how the whole setup looks like.

Looks pretty easy. No sweat man.


Phone line, left. Ethernet line to PC, middle. Power, right. Sap sap sooi.


Clever product design. The phallic antenna appeals to the male ego. It is also a reminder & symbolic representation of all things male - remote control hobby, transformers, etc.

Hoolamak! Can bend some more! Extra 20 points! Makes you feel like a man!


Cool! It even came with rubber button legs.


Men will never look at roads maps, even when they're lost.

What makes you think they'll read the guide book?
Especially when they have this:

Yeah baby! Plug & play!
So I quickry soot the CD into the drive.

Woohoo! One button installation for lazy people!



Done.

Done also.


Everything done.

Almost there...

What?!! @#$%^&* router!!! @#$%^&* Compuway!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha hilarious! I experienced a similar scenario when i got mine, a Netgear "Super" wireles ADSL router! Bahh!! Super-PENING indeed! Ended up calling the ISP helpline to assist installation... Remember to secure your wireless network, so your jiran2 cannot curi your internet also, yeah? :)

Good luck!

fitri :)

Greg Wee said...

Hey Fitri. Thanks for dropping by. I feel like letting off some steam. I'll be bringing my laptop & the @#$%^&* router back to the shop today. I'm gonna sit in front of the Foochow technician, and watch him fix the thing for me.

CK-II said...

I think you have to install the modem with the Ethernet cable first. You can't install it on wireless.

Greg Wee said...

Thanks CK. The Compuway techies showed me how to do the settings & now I'm on surfing on fire baby!

WoMbOk™♂ said...

Wireless connection. WooTz!

Greg Wee said...

You know how my father reads the papers every morning in the toilet? Now I shall continue the family tradition with my laptop. It's all possible now with wireless technology MUAHAHAHAHA!

Greg Wee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WoMbOk™♂ said...

Lol. Surfing when you re in the john is a luxury hahaha. But i have been told and read that it's not so good for guys to place the laptop on their laps. Cause the heat isn't good for the nether region.

Greg Wee said...

Thanks for the man-toman advice WOmbok. In that case I think my laptop needs a bigger built in fan.

Nuffnang