Nuffnang Ads

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

AirAsia The Money Maker

I was flying Air Asia KCH-KL about a week ago. Since they did not serve 'free' food like Malaysia Airlines, I was worried that I would die of hunger & thirst. So I decided to order some.

There wasn't much on the menu so it was easy to decide what I wanted.


For RM4, a heavy mug of hot Vico sounded nice, so I ordered that.

However, the Vico came but the mug didn't. Instead, it came in a cheap wobbly styrofoam cup. At that very instant, Vico suddenly degenerated into a cheapo drink.


Not giving up hope, I shifted my attention to the Snack Attack.

After all, the lady looked so happy with her hotdog. Maybe I should get one. Maybe it's the nescafe that's making the difference. Maybe it's the mug. I needed a mug to make me happy.


Anyways, I went ahead & got this for RM7.


Yeah baby! Time for snack attack. This reminded me of the exact same thing I could get in KL at 1901 franchise restaurants.


Except there's something amiss here. See the red arrow? There's just too much empty space. It reminded me of the big puffy bag of chips that I always buy. When you open them up, it's just full of air.

I think the rule of thumb here is that when the food is smaller than your hand, it is not enough. It means that you've been shortchanged. It means that Tony Fernandez took your hot dog.

And this thing cost me 7 bucks. But as you can see, it didn't look like 7 bucks.

It looked like it was soaked in water for 2 days.

Anyway, the thing came with packets of Mayo, Heinz ketchup & pickles.


And there were step-by-step instructions as well.


It was pretty easy. 4 steps & I was ready to go.



Despite the fact that it didn't look like anything in the picture, it was still good!



And that's how Tony Fernandez makes his money. He makes money off the empty space between the hotdogs & the box, & between the mug & the styrofoam cup. So now you know.

Prologue: I went to check out the 1901 store at Megamall. This was what the actual one looked like. For almost the same price, it came with a drink.

1 comment:

WoMbOk™♂ said...

Oo.. I didn't even know they were serving the 1901 hotdog on board now. Proves how long since i went on my last holiday lol.

But yea, for a low cost carrier there foods on board and at the terminal are exorbitant.

Nuffnang