Nuffnang Ads

Friday, December 14, 2007

I was in KL recently & I came across this shop. It seems to be a franchise from Japan.

The shop sells "the best cream puffs in the world" or so it claims. So I tried one just to see if that was true.

I thought it tasted ok. The pastry was nice. It would have been better if it was warm. But then again, I haven't tasted all the cream puffs in the world, so I wouldn't know what the best is like.


Anyway, it's Beard Papa's. This old fella must have been making cream puffs way before I was born. So what can I say? If he says it's the best in the world, then it's the best in the world.

I find it interesting that there are quite a few food related products which uses old grandpas as their identity. KFC is one.

I guess maybe it lends credibility. Who dares argue with grandpa. When Colonel Sanders says it's finger lickin' good, you lick them.

But the most interesting & oldest icon has got to be this.


This hacking grandpa was around way before Colonel Sanders came to town. But you'd probably have to agree that it's the ugliest product logo that you've ever seen.

Children cry & run away when they see him.

No comments:

Nuffnang