Nuffnang Ads

Monday, January 28, 2008

Driving in Kuching at Night

This is an email from an associate of mine which I received just this morning. It is very disturbing that this kind of thing is happening in Kuching.

I've always thought that this only happens in movies, where a normal everyday guy & family is being taunted by a road bully by chance, which forces him to take matters into his own hands, hunts down the road bully and his gang, one by one. At the end, like a hero with blood stains & cuts, he walks away from the explosion.

But that only happens in the movies. This, is real life.
(This is copied & pasted directly from his email. Read on.)

Hi All, Just to share what happened to us last Saturday night. We were on our way back, nearing the 3rd mile traffic lights, when we could hear an extremely loud engine car noise coming near us, and a yellow Satria with a black front hood bearing Wilayah number plates (wish I had seen the whole number plate and remembered it) overtook us sharply, causing me to brake, and I immediately pressed my horn.

I was driving my wife's car. The Satria turned into the road to the Buddhist Temple and SIB church, forgot the name of the road... and we continued. Apparently he was waiting for us and tried to ram into the side of our car, I avoided and he tried again and then turned sharply into Hui Sing Garden.

I was with my wife and son (at the back) and he could clearly see there was a child in the car yet tried to ram us because we horned him for sharply overtaking us. He was with a young girl and both were not wearing seat belts and both were having fun at our expense.

Interestingly, my wife was the calmer one because I wanted to stop and have a few words with the guy. My wife raised a few questions,
1. The police, non existent and even if we made a report, most probably nothing would come out of it, and we would be marked by these boy racers.
2. If the car had collided, my wife asked me, do you think he will pay for the damages?
3. If we stopped, most probably I would end up being assaulted... and no one would help (a student of mine was beaten up by a boy racer just a week ago with a bat)
4. The boy racers in Kuching are well known yet the police has done nothing, so what do I expect to do alone.

So we travelled back, trying to calm our nerves after that incident. Its very frustrating to see society breaking down with no proper policing and development of our youths. I could go on and on about my views of the police and the degeneration of our society, but I think I better not... ha ha ha. At least I learnt something... if I want to be safe, let those idiots be... sad very sad

7 comments:

-popjammerz- said...

Ya..nowdays..better just let them be...

if we go down and 'keng' with them, who knows what will they do to us. Everything is soooo unpredictable....

Glad you all were okay!!! :)

Greg Wee said...

That's why when I buy my steering lock, I look for the biggest, toughest & longest one possible to keep in the car, just in case. You'll never know when there'll be a showdown.

WoMbOk™♂ said...

Tsk Road bullies. That's why i have a baseball bat in my car. Just in case.

Greg Wee said...

I've been considering that. But I keep wondering what the police would think if they'd happen to stop me... It seems like either way we'll lose.

Anonymous said...

That's why fast and furious movies should be banned!

Anonymous said...

All boy racers here are just a useless animal!

Anonymous said...

That's why vote all Sarawak BN component parties out this coming state election. Society degenerates because from them down to even constabels all 'makan rasuah' too much.

Nuffnang