Nuffnang Ads

Monday, January 7, 2008

I'm MAD as HELL!!!!

In the movie Network, Peter Finch delivered one of the most memorable lines in film history:


I'm MAD as HELL, and I'm not going to take this anymore!

A couple of days ago, you might have noticed that it was impossible to get into my blog. Anybody who has tried getting in would be automatically redirected to this stupid @#$%^&* site:

I think this site must have popped up on my face about 50 times as I tried to to find ways to get rid of it.

I felt so sick of this picture. The more it popped up, the more I believed that it was alive & was trying to taunt me. I know she's just a poor innocent model, but I felt like giving her a good slap.

My apologies. I very rarely swear, just in case there are little children reading my blogs. Please know that this is entirely not my fault.

I panicked for two days not knowing what to do. I did a bit of research & tried out a few things, but nothing worked. It seemed that this problem was pretty new on the internet, and people are just beginning to be aware of it. So not many people really knew what should be done.

Suspecting the problem to have come from one of the widgets, I removed them painstakingly one by one. In the end, I traced the problem to Advertlets! @#$%^&* Advertlets!!!

It's probably not their fault, but I just need to let off my steam at something.

So if you look at both my blogs, they're without Advertlets now. I don't know why it's not happening to everybody, but I thought that I should share this with you in case you get it as well.

I lost all my readers in just ONE DAY. Just imagine how that translates into my advertising revenues. (Actually, that was just me trying to be dramatic about it. It makes this blog a little bit more interesting to read. The readers have come back lah. And what advertising revenues are my blogs generating? Maybe a few measly, smaller-than-peanuts cents)

UPDATES: I just found out what seems to be the problem. I think Advertlets didn't renew it's domain name or something. It has diasappeared from the face of the internet!

LATEST UPDATES: Advertlets is up again. There's no sign of any apologies or indication that there was a problem before.

Well, this is not a movie, and I'm just a small time blogger. But I'm still MAD AS HELL TOO!!!

Watch the clip & listen. It's so relevant to Malaysians today.

2 comments:

WoMbOk™♂ said...

Yeash! Precisely what happened when i visited a few days ago. I think everyone is a bit surprised at how Advertlets didn't renew their domain.. for a player in the blog-advertising industry, i thought it was a bit amatuerish on their part.

Have a fun and safe trip!

Greg Wee said...

Yeah, Advertlets sounds a lot like ADVERT-LESS now!

Nuffnang