Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Of Drains in Sibu

When I was small, my cousins used to squat around the drain to take a crap. But of course in this modern day & age, this is something to be frowned upon. I hope this practice is not still popular in Sibu. But I guess with this kind of water, nobody would know. But one thing's for sure. The fishes in the drain must be really healthy.

This was Sibu 2-3 week's ago.

I'm glad I wasn't there at that time. I think it had to rain hard & rain hell to be able to create that kind of waterworld effect.

Imagine if those water came from the drains. Imagine again if all Sibu kids crap in the drain. If that was so, then this would be an experience of a lifetime.

6-year old: Ma! Look! What is that brown thing?

Mother: Aiyerrrr! Ah Tien! Throw it away! Don't touch!!!!

But when I was there a couple of days ago, the flood water had receded into the drains.


Now the very first thing that I realised about Sibu is that it has gazillions of earth drains.

I do not know why the municipal council is not doing anything about it. It's so everywhere that I begin to wonder if that is what Sibu people want... for their kids, I mean... sort of like a nature-eco-friendly toilet.

I wonder if the signboard is a warning sign.
Watch where you're driving or else you'll run into two lumps of crap!

Sibu flood photos "sponsored" by Phillip Hill heheheh.

No comments:

Nuffnang