Nuffnang Ads

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Legend of Ninchak

Oh, did I ever tell you that I do illustrations, cartoons, animation & comic strips? Well, it's more like a hobby kinda thing. And it's been a while since I've done any. I've been putting this artistic pursuit on hold, on the shelf, in the store room, in the freezer & on the backburner for years now. And I pray to God that it doesn't have an expiry date.

Last year, Gempak published my 8-page comic. It's called The Legend of Ninchak & it's about a ninja cicak (gecko/house lizard) who wanders the ancient world in search of his lost identity.

I've never thought of writing about it till now. Maybe I just feel that it's time I share the other side of me with you - the creative side, before it expires. And hopefully by doing so, it'll reignite the spark in me to do more of this kind of work.

Ah Beng's World presents, The Legend of Ninchak. Please click on the image to see a bigger version. Enjoy.








2 comments:

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

wow, impressive. must get my kids to look at this. u shd have a cartoon column, greg.

Greg Wee said...

Heheheh. Yeah, I did a few cartoon strips a long time ago for the now defunct Sarawak Tribune,& also for Galaxie magazine. I'll dig those out & post them soon.

Nuffnang