Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Jawaiian Reggae: Micro (Def Tech)

Jawa-what? The first thing that came into my mind was this.

Jawa the Hut???

Fortunately, this blog entry has got nothing to do with that slug. Incidentally, I was writing about Yuna Ito last nite when I saw this dude in the music video with her.

Crap! I should have eaten papaya last nite.

Yes, I've said it before & I'll say it again. He does look like he's having constipation.

So out of curiosity, I googled the dude & found out that his name is Micro, & he's from a Hawaiian indie group called Def Tech. Their brand of music has been called Jawaiian Reggae which mixes Japanese rap with Hawaiian & Japanese influences. Lots of positivism, lots of energy, clean, fresh sound, & it has a bit of the Californian feel, the beach, the summer holidays, cruising on the highway. This is definitely one band worth checking out.



Hana Uta


High on Life - This one sounds like Bare Naked Ladies.

No comments:

Nuffnang