Nuffnang Ads

Monday, May 5, 2008

JPOP: Yuna Ito

It's been a while since I wrote about JPOP. It's not everyday that you can find anything really worthwhile to write about. And as with all good things, they come only when you least expect them to.


I came across this singer just tonite on Youtube by accident.

I'm a bit out of touch with JPOP & am a bit ignorant of the latest Pop-py trends. It's a sign of growing old, when other things actually become more important than MTV.

Anyway, I thought that this was quite refreshing. It was as exciting as when I first found out about Ayaka Hirahara.

Yuna Ito is a half Korean/Japanese American who lives in Hawaii. Check out her music videos.

This is her single called Urban Mermaid. Please listen on. I can guarantee that you'll find some inspiring meaning from it even though it's in Japanese.



If you're already revved up & ready to march to the streets from the last clip, this one's gonna make you go out & hug everyone.



It's a great song but one thing's bugging me. Who's that tanned dude who sings like he's got constipation?

This is probably how I look like every morning in the toilet.

I mean this is Yuna Ito that we're talking about here. There's no way any unknown basketball/surfer slacker by the roadside can sing with her.

More... soon.

No comments:

Nuffnang