Nuffnang Ads

Friday, May 2, 2008

Manly Project 1: The Paint Job

There is nothing more manly than painting the house. The image of a strong, sweaty man, wearing a white singlet, his muscles rippling as he puts pressure onto the brush.

Umm, on second thoughts, let's skip that. It somehow went off tangent. That's something you'd find in a Mills & Boon's. Not here man.

Eeewww.


Double Eeewww.


Great. Now I can't erase these images out of my head. I need to detox.

Before my avid readers start thinking I'm a Fabio fan, let's get back to the topic at hand - painting the house.I had to paint the room today & I got these Nippon paint from the hardware store. Now, don't ask me about what Vinilex is, or whether the anti-bacterial actually works. When I bought these, I didn't even look at the can.



What mattered was I got the colour that I wanted. The hardware store had this fantastic, star-trek-back-to-the-future machine that could mix whatever colours you wanted.

And when you open it up, it was ready to use.

I was in manly control , with the brush in my hand.

My trusty man-ladder.


The first thing a real man would do is to paint the skirting.

It's quite a challenge to manouver around certain protruding objects on the wall but I managed. It wasn't such a great paint job, but it was ok.


Ok, so maybe it wasn't that ok.



And finally my favourite part - the man- roller.


Done.


I certainly wasn't Fabio, or even anywhere close, but at that point in time, I was feeling very the man.

2 comments:

Ciaklat !!! said...

wah beng! "lek tau" colour....your wife must be proooud of you!!!

for the wall edges, where you tried to have lek tau chey and white, you should tape the white wall with a broad cellotape. Once u r done painting, just remove the cellotape and ta da, u should have a clean straight line.......

as for the protuding object, i normally just paint over them...hahaha..save time ma...

Greg Wee said...

Ciaklat. How come I didn't think of that. It would have increased my manliness by leaps & bound.

Thanks for the tip.

Nuffnang