Nuffnang Ads

Friday, May 9, 2008

The Speed Racer: Do We Need Another One?

Many of you out there might have grown up with this anime called The Speed Racer.


Well, if you have, that's good for you. I suspect the majority of Americans had the privilege to watch the dubbed series when it was shown over the American TV networks, a long time ago in the 60/70s.

Dang those Kuching potholes!


Well, we're not so lucky down here in the tropics. The only Speed Racer that we know is this.


Malaysia Boleh Rempit racer.



Now that the live action remake is playing in the cinemas now, I don't know what to make of it.


The characters sure looks cartoony.

Holy Mat Rempit. Is he racing or is he delivering Big Macs?



Look at that. Christina Ricci even have big anime eyes.

Hey look again. Nicholas Teo is in the movie as well. I don't know what the heck he's doing there though.

Oops! My mistake, it's actually Rain heheheh.


Well, I'm sure kids would love the movie. And it'll sell lots of toy cars.


The only thing that gives me a bit of confidence in this film are the reclusive Warchowski brothers. Do not be mislead by their less-than-intelligent appearance.

So far, whatever films that had anything to do with them have become huge box office successes.

It's like whatever that dipped into their soya sauce will turn into gold.

Well, unlike the younger generation of today, I don't go to the cineplex anymore. So I can't tell you how this movie will turn out. Unless of course if Star Cineplex or Metrowealth cinema gave me complimentary tickets. But you see, that will never happen because I'm neither Kenny Sia nor Georgette Tan. For now, I'd wait patiently for the DVD to come out even though by then mushrooms would have grown out of my ears.

Watch the Trailer.

No comments:

Nuffnang