Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, June 15, 2008

CATpeople: Satok Flyover

This is another one of my CATpeople cartoons that I did for Sarawak Tribune a long time ago.


The Satok flyover was the first one built in Kuching ever in 1995. That was about 8 years ago. Please forgive me but generally the people of Kuching had never seen a flyover before at that time, & it was a big thing.

It meant a lot, to a lot of people. It was a sign that Kuching was growing, & can be on par & play with the big city boys then. It meant that Kuching was no longer a sua koo (mountain auntie) hilly billy town.

Well, Kuching has been rapidly progressing & developing, & eversince then there's been two more flyovers - one at 3rd Mile & Ting Pek Khing's at BDC.

Well, this one was the very first.


More CATpeople cartoons here.

3 comments:

Abdullah said...

Hehehe...

Brilliant cartoon :)
I actually left a comment on a post just a minute ago, and then I realised it was dated in 2007! hehehe...

Just to reiterate, it's my first time in, and I love ur blog :)

Greg Wee said...

Thanks Abdullah & Ah Beng welcomes you to his world!

Abdullah said...

Hehehe...hey Greg...thanks for dropping by my blog. Did u by any chance go to my personal blog at http://lobolessons.blogspot.com ?
Please do drop by. It'd be cool to see u around sometime.
The one that u left a comment under for my part-time students.

Yeah, guilty as charged... I'ma lecturer in UTM. I'm actually in Kuching now, giving lectures until 2moro when I go back to JB.

Well, c u around man :)

Nuffnang