Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Not Another Clone Wars!

George Lucas is really overdoing it this time.

I first came across the strangely familiar Clone Wars, the latest 3D animated feature film from the almighty George Lucas, on Youtube. When I saw the trailer, the first thought that came to my mind was this.
Take a look here & see if you agree with me.




I've been wanting to write about this for quite some time now but I just never got round to it. Now that the movie is coming soon to local theatres, I thought I'd better step on it like pronto.

I think George Lucas is really squeezing his lemon & milking his cow. He is really working hard at it, squeezing & milking out every single last drop of Star Wars that he has left.

It was obvious when he started squeezing out the prequels, which were nothing more than just a few hours of visual effects wizardry.

I have to apologise to all the fans out there, but I thought the prequels sucked. Cos it didn't have a story. And also cos Georgie used this little wooden boy as an actor.

Geogie seems to have an eye for 'talent'. Remember Mark Hamill, the guy who played Luke Skywalker, son of Darth Vader?

Well, he was made of wood too.

Just when you thought that Georgie's lemons & cows are all dried up, he squeezed out a TV animated series.
Now, this I like.

But this? I am really not sure guys.

4 comments:

BCC said...

I know a lot of people who hated the Star Wars prequels. Jar-Jar Binks anyone?! The thing is, Lucas can't write for shit. Stunted acting and atrocious scripts may be fine for 1977 but not in this day and age where you have the likes of Firefly and Battlestar Galactica.

I love Star Wars, but I'd rather go watch The Dark Knight another time than pay money for Clone Wars.

- bertha

Greg Wee said...

The only real 'film' that Lucas ever did was the one about drag car racing, with Ron Howard. I forgot the title. I quite like that one, but he degenerated after Star Wars. The Prequel movies felt like toy figurines shooting each other.

Abdullah said...

Hey, Star Wars itself was cool wat?... Mark Hamill wasn't all that bad...the the little boy?...
Couldn't have found a more kayu actor!

Greg Wee said...

You know what. I've always thought that the kayukin skywalker boy looked somewhat suspiciously like Gorgie boy himself. Imagine the beard on him & you will be enlightened!

Nuffnang