Nuffnang Ads

Monday, September 1, 2008

Ah Beng Celebrates Merdeka

When Badawi announced the new budget, it was big news. Everyone was talking about it.

But this entry has got nothing to do with that. Some things are more important than the national budget...

The Merdeka celebration has been extremely quiet. The national flag has not been selling very well. And nobody seemed to be watching the national parade, even if it was on TV.

In light of this uneventful day, I decided to do something patriotic as a celebration of some sort. And the most patriotic thing that I could think of was this.

I don't know about you but I've always somehow equated patriotism with durians.

A friend Alex gave these 2 monsters to us on Friday night. I think they must have come from his family's orchard, which meant really high quality stuff.

Yeah Baby.
I know that's not much of an intelligent comment, but you get my drift.

This was definitely good stuff of the highest breed. I mean just look at this - 10 compartments, & they were all full. Well, they were full a minute ago.

This particular compartment was just bursting like Ting Pek Khing's bank account.

I can almost eat this picture now, again.

This, my friend, is what you call a celebration.

This was about the junkiest food I've ever taken for lunch. Any more junkier than that & I'd be eating pure MSG.

And it made me a really happy man. AHHH, It's gonna be a long weekend.

4 comments:

Abdullah said...

Perfect fruit...

Lucky devil you!

My father-in-law's got his own orchard, and the fruit you get there you can't get anywhere else...

I wonder why...

Greg Wee said...

Maybe it has something to do with the natural fertiliser that they put in (straight from the toilet?) heheheh.

Abdullah said...

Dude, I'll never look at durian the same way again...

Greg Wee said...

Don't look, just eat.

Nuffnang