Nuffnang Ads

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Car was Raped

Olympics aside, something happened to me last Thursday. Well, almost happened. Not really to me, but to my car.

I was having lunch at the office when a colleague of mine informed me that my car alarm was on, & there were 2 stranger guys at the car park. One of them was standing next to my car, & the other was in a white 'Inova-type' of car, with heavily tinted black windows.

I was only halfway through my lunch at that time, & it wasn't particularly interesting to be disrupted when I was eating. But when someone tells you that your car is probably being broken into, it means you need to take immediate action.

I ran like the wind. I ran faster than Forrest Gump.

But when I got to the carpark, my car alarm had already stopped. No broken windows, no stranger danger guys & no white car with black tinted windows. Whoever they were, they had already left. I was really lucky this time.



I didn't know what the heck they were after then, & I still don't know now.

They basically pried open the plastic guard that was screwed into the front bumper. It seemed like they were trying to get at something, like they could have tried shoving their hand into the gap to grab something from inside.

I had to force the plastic guard back into it's original slot. It wasn't easy.



How dare they violate the virtues of my car.

How dare they rob its chastity & innocence.

Of course, I reported to the management, who then reported to the police as we had the car plate number. But really, I don't think the police will be going to do anything about it.

At this point in time, I really can't help it but to think that our country is really messed up.

5 comments:

Ciaklat !!! said...

yes beng, our country is a bit messed up...

last time me and my buddies went 4 a picnic and thieves stole all our handphones....but he was stupid enough to make calls with it so we got all the contact of the thieves fren....we made a report, passed the info to the police, and like u said....

nothing happens....hehehehe

got used to it already....tat's y we no longer bother nowadays...wasting time only...

Greg Wee said...

Yeah, it's like when you get robbed or something, that's it man. It's gone.

Like Sang Chai only (deliver vegetables).

Jys said...

ur car is being raped? my relative kena robbed his car!! right in front of his house some more at damansara jaya. 3 indian guys with parang asked him to surrender his car key..

Heroes said...

Greg, nowadays, Kuching is not safe anymore...that's why I temporary go to KL.... but KL lagi worse.... hahaha...

My suggestion, double locked your car with padlock with chain link to a tree or lamp post... it should be more safe, I guess.....

Greg Wee said...

Do you know the kind of rattan/plastic food covers that grandma uses on our table to prevent the flies from coming to the food? Well, I think we need a steel one over our cars, & another one over our houses.

Nuffnang