Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Grand Finale of Moonlight Resonance

Last night, I did something which I'd never thought I'd do in my life, ever.

But I did. I actually sat down to watch an entire episode of a Hong Kong TVB series on Astro.
Not only that, I was actually waiting in anticipation the whole day for the final episode of Moonlight Resonance.

This was the ultimate showdown between the evil mistress & the mooncake family. There was no way I would miss it. I wanted to see her get what she really deserves.

Now, I have never really been impressed with Hong Kong TVB series. With the exception of a few good ones, it usually comes with formulaic acting & predictable storylines. You sort of always know what's going to happen next before it even happens.

I mean with shows like this, it's very difficult to be impressed.

Or even worse, like this.

If you paid money to watch this, you'd want your money back.

TVB is not what you can call intellectual cinema. To enjoy something like this, you'd have to switch your brain off.


And I cringe in fear to think that I may have crossed the line to the other side. Save me!

4 comments:

Abdullah said...

Ah Greg arr...

Yew cross over oredi maaa... Yew now hardcore ah-beng hor...

Hehehehehe...

(Bear with me, this ah-beng accent still hasn't grown old yet)

Greg Wee said...

You meeeeng hak-kor o-lay-lee. I have gone beyond no class.

Heroes said...

Some HK TV series were not bad bor.... like the one in the pic, 'Ten Brothers', I also watched already.... hahahaha... don't LOL ok....

But now my taste has turned to America or UK TV series... like my no. 1 favourite, Heroes.... then Supernatural, Torchwood, Primeval, Reaper, Desperate Housewives etc...

Abdullah said...

Greg,
This never gets old...

Heroes,
I'm sure it's not too bad...I'm just ribbing greg about it ;)

Nuffnang