Nuffnang Ads

Friday, October 31, 2008

My Stubborn Auto Gate

WARNING: Ok, all you pretty ladies out there might not be interested in this post. It's another one of my manly Fix-It-Yourself pursuits. I suspect that this post will attract truckloads of gruffy, hairy, greasy, naked macho men. (Naked from waist up lah, or maybe with a singlet)

And as for the men, fear not. The village people look-a-likes & anything within their one-mile radius are not invited.

This is a post for REAL men. Of course, the ladies are most welcome if you enjoy picking up a tip or two about fixing the house.

I did my auto gate today. My auto gate has always been problematic since day one. It's not entirely quite when it closes. There'd always be clanking sounds & I'd always feel embarass about it. But as time went by, the skin on my face became thicker, & so did my ear wax.

Then one day, my dad lifted the whole gazunka of the gate off its track cos he thought that it wasn't working cos he didn't know about the power switch. From then on, things went downhill.

I had it fixed a couple of times, but ocassionally the clanking & the stuttering-jerking movement came back, until one day, everything stopped working.

So I called up this guy & he changed the whole motherboard for me & charged me RM450 for it.

Motherboarder! That felt like highway robbery!

He was probably right about the problem, but it felt like someone punched me in the nose & kicked my fruits of the loom.

And the thing didn't even work. So he added on an ugly looking antannea.

Now it looks like I have an outdoor remote control radio set.

And to top it all, the mother of all problems, last weekend, someone drove into my gate & it came off the tracks. We put it back but now it's making those loud metalic scrapping noises again.

So day, I said I'm as mad as hell, & I'm not going to take it anymore! & I pulled out a WD40 & introduced it to Mr. G-Force's face.


And it worked.

Mr. G-Force is now on good behaviour. At least for now. My word of manly advice, you've got to teach them to know who's the boss.

4 comments:

Abdullah said...

Was that REAL MAN sweat coming out from ur brow?...

wow...

William said...

I had autogate like yours before. It did give me challenge occasionally and I used to mend it myself. It is too espensive to engage a tradeperson.

Now, I don't even have a gate. I do have a roller shuttle door which is operated manually.

Greg Wee said...

Abdullah, a real man sweats from the under arms, & all the rest of the other under parts.

William, yeah, with all this self-maintenance, I think give me another year & I'll be able to fully service one!

Anjar Ganteng said...

This is my first time visit at here and i am in fact happy to read all at single place.
Toko Obat Kencing Nanah
Gambar Penyakit Sipilis
Cara Mengatasi Kutil Kelamin
obat daging tumbuh Seperti kutil

Nuffnang