Nuffnang Ads

Monday, November 10, 2008

Ah Beng Buys Crocs

I bought a pair of Crocs on Friday.

I know this rubber product has been around for quite some time but it took me a while to register into my head that rubber shoes do not necessarily equate to the Made-in-China yellow rubber boots that you wear when there's a flood in Kuching.

Show one to my grandma & she'll call them kao kong ay (rain boots).

Apparently, this model is called the Viking for some reasons which I could not comprehend. I paid RM169 for this piece of road rubber.

It didn't sound like a lot of money, until I found out that it was made in China.


But heck, it looks good & feels good. And, If you're not really looking down south, you won't even notice that I was wearing a rubber sandal to work.

The great thing about Crocs is that you have the option to buy these add ons.

It's a bit like buying mobile phones, you know.

When you get one, you can download all the different funky ringtones.

But I think for now, I will stay off Eve, Wall-E, Batman & especially the daisy, pink poodle & pink butterfly. Pink things have the tendency to misrepresent the macho man-ness.

8 comments:

WoMbOk™♂ said...

Do the crocs breathe easy? I was tempted to get one of the more conventional designs but was very reluctant because of the price :P

Greg Wee said...

Hi Wombok. I always thought who wanna wear a suffocating piece of heavy rubber on their feet, but when I tried it out, it felt really light, almost like being naked. I bought the slip-on one cos I keep my shoes off when driving & when I'm behind my desk. I believe the original designs would have more ventilation than mine cos I opted for the one without holes at the bottom part (in case I have to walk thru Kuching wet market puddles). Try it on (at Parkson, tHe Spring) & you'll understand why some people buy them.

Heroes said...

Wow...greg, its look nice on your feet..but i guess you look nicer with any of those colourful one...hahaha....... :-O

I don't have the guts to wear this rubber shoes, maybe my friends will laugh at me.. :-(

Any other colour, I mean not the colourful one la....

Abdullah said...

I bought a pair of knock offs... at RM16...
But yours look really, really good.

Greg Wee said...

RM16!!!! I guess they really knocked off the zero! I'll be checking out KL to see if they have better models.

Michelle said...

Hi, I don't know you but want to leave comment anyway. I came across your website by Chance. And saw the Crocs, and wonder why people love it so much. Normal slipper not nice meh? I like kah kiak (wooden sandals)best for rain. Could be a real fashion statement you know. :)

Greg Wee said...

Yes, kah kiak is excellent for Ah Lien type of fashion . And so is Crocs for a more classy version of Beng fashion.

I was also wondering about Crocs' popularity for a loooong time, until I tried it on. Then I knew why. The next time you're at the shop, slip it on.

Anjar Ganteng said...

This is my first time visit at here and i am in fact happy to read all at single place.
Harga Obat Kencing Nanah
Gejala Penyakit Sipilis
Cara Menghilangkan Kutil Kelamin
obat daging tumbuh Seperti kutil Di Sekitar Kemaluan

Nuffnang