Nuffnang Ads

Friday, January 9, 2009

ROM: A Comic Book Revisited (& UPDATED)

I thought that since I was going to revive my passion for comic books this year (as part of my new resolution to have my life back once again), I'd revisit the earlier comics that I bought a long, long time ago.

These were the random comics which I bought back in those days when I decided to start collecting comics. Believe me, I didn't have a clue then. I was practically grabbing anything that looked suspiciously like a comic book from one of those Wahid/Majid & Sons bookstore at Wisma Hopoh. You know, the ones that smelled of heavily lubricated hair coconut oil & did money exchange as well. I'm surprised they didn't cut hair too.

Comics were cheap back then. You can buy one for RM1.90. And one of the worst comics that I'd ever bought was this.

Just in case you're confused, ROM is the robot guy, not that green monster. I think if you grew up on a Japanese diet of Ultraman battling similar fire-breathing monsters, you'd find this one quite nostalgic.
With all due respect, I mean I know it's not easy to create a comic book & keep it floating in the market. But this ROM dude has got to be one of the most ugliest robot that I've ever seen.

I mean it looks like someone put a milk carton box over his chest. What's up with that? Leave him alone!

And I don't think that you'd call this the best artwork in the entire history of comic book.

The artwork looks like its something that came out of a sweatshop. You better finish comicbook quick or we not feed you! Stop wasting time with details! We losing money!

And this, has got to be one of the ugliest people ever drawn on a comic book page.

I was thinking whether the decision to have them bald was for economic reasons. Less time to do hair, finish the book faster. Otherwise, these baldies really had a much worser case of stress than balding Singaporean guys.

But I guess, it's something that has fallen INTO & OUT of fashion & INTO fashion again.

Well, all I know is that comic book was just bad news. Who, in the right mind, would have bought it? Oops, I actually did.

Please, don't make this into a movie. Pretty please.

1 comment:

materials said...

I think I come to the right place, because for a long time do not see such a good thing the!
jordan shoes

Nuffnang