Nuffnang Ads

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Pursuit of Art: Back on the Road

Am working on new paintings at the moment. I don't know if this was part of my New Year's resolution but I think that it should be. It's time I pick up the pieces of my life & put it back together again.
I know, I'm making it sound like I've been through a tragic experience, trauma & deep depression. But actually it's something less dramatic, & less exciting than that. My life is not an action film, it's just a real life documentary where nothing much happens.

ANYWAY, I'm diverting. What I'm saying is that I need to pick up the passion in art again, the passion in comic books, catching up with Asian films, collecting anime again, photography, etc. etc. etc.

Someone asked me to produce something abstract for someone else's house. So I did this, but they didn't like it. So I said fine, I'll hang it in my house.

They said it wasn't abstract enough. And they showed me a couple of paintings they bought in Bali. I said, ohhh, & I did this sample.

I hope this deal pulls through, otherwise I'll be hanging a lot of paintings at home.

9 comments:

Abdullah said...

U finished them??

I haven;t even finished that 3-paneled painting I started about 2 months ago!

Heroes said...

I liked the 1st pic... what's the measurement? Is it up for sale or something?

Greg Wee said...

Hi guys, the second painting's not done yet. I'd have to relayer it. Both the paintings are about 18 X 18 inches. They're supposed to be
3-panel pieces but I did only 1. Yeah, at the moment I'm just trying out different paintings but if anyone's interested, sure, I'd sell them. They're still cheap cos I'm not famous yet. ;P

Heroes said...

I m interested in the pattern of 1st pic and would want to buy if you have completed 3 panels..... :-)

Greg Wee said...

Well... let me finish the other panels first ok? It's actually called The Arrival. Something like a ship arriving. Good Feng Shui.

Ciaklat!!! said...

go beng go....looks like you are going to make your first sale!!!

there is nothing in this world tat can compare to the joy of earning money by doing something you love...

hope you will make it!

Greg Wee said...

I don't know about making money Ciaklat, but I'd be lucky if I can just finish the project man.

Fareiny said...

nice!

Greg Wee said...

Thanks Fareiny. :)

Nuffnang