Nuffnang Ads

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year!

Who would have thought that I'd do a posting out of the blue after such a long disappearing act? I surprise myself too.

Well, this does not mean that I have more time now for more postings. My life is still in a mad chaotic rush as I juggle my baby with my career and my artistic pursuit.

A quick check on my sitemeter tells me that there are still people reading this Godforsaken blog even though my last post was 7 months ago. People, that is very encouraging and I thank you readers with all my heart even though you may be random.

This year's celebration is my first with my 11 month baby girl. After 7 years of ang pow giving, this year it's payback time! Well, it's not payback all of the time, especially when we meet up with people with 3 kids and more - then the output becomes more than what you get back.

But I'd like to believe that things even out in the end. Pardon me, I think you'd only understand what I'm talking about if you're celebrating Chinese New Year and if you're on the giving end of the whole ang pow debacle.

This year I came across a couple of beautiful ang pow packet designs which I kept selfishly all to myself and didn't really give them away (I gave away the ones with bad designs). Pureen had a few interesting ones which I thought was worth keeping.

And surprisingly UNACO, which is probably one of the cheapest cheapo supermarkets with zero customer service, came out with these intricately breathtaking ones this year!

I collected stamps once, when I was a nerdy kid a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. But don't worry, I won't be going back to that kind of hobby at my age. I've got more important things to worry about at this point in my life, like making money. But all the same, these ang pow packet designs were awesome!

If anyone of you are getting married or having a baby this year, you might be lucky enough to get one from me (just the packet). Happy Chinese New Year!


Abdullah Mohd Nawi said...

Beng!!! Long time no see!!!

Greg Wee said...

Hey, this is strange. Somehow I decided to pop by my own blog today (after so many months)and there you are, here, today. This is weird. Twilight Zone theme song...

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.